OpenCape is expanding fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for someone who shares our values, challenges ordinary thinking, and pushes the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and OpenCape. We believe strongly that, as a center of innovation and technology, Massachusetts must lead with future-focused connectivity to support economic, educational, and health goals. Do you want to be part of a fun team that is providing a choice in our region? This is the job you have been waiting for!
OpenCape Corporation is a 501c3 nonprofit technology company headquartered in Barnstable Village at the Barnstable County Complex. OpenCape owns and operates a state-of-the-art 100% fiber-optic network built to serve local governments, businesses, and residents of Southeastern Massachusetts, the Cape & Islands. OpenCape is seeking a Salesperson to be the newest member of our growing team.
This position is in-office, as well as, out within the community and is an essential member of the OpenCape team. The Sales Executive will be responsible for continuing to grow our customer base within the framework of our network footprint; comprising Southeastern MA., Cape Cod and the Islands and Providence. OpenCape currently has several hundred customers, and the Sales Executive will be expected to increase new clients while consistently providing the best service to new and existing customers.
Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Identify and prospect new potential clients across the breadth of our service footprint, with specific attention to off Cape growth.
- Generate sales revenue by actively selling fiber optic products and services to new and existing customers including corporate, municipal, federal and small businesses.
- Comfortable with long sale cycles that require multiple engagements and coordination that may require engineering and build-outs and organizational approvals.
- Assist CEO with sales strategies and managing sales processes.
- Develop a sales strategy that encompasses customer follow up to expedite signed contracts, customer satisfaction, add on services and contract renewals.
- Participate in the creation and delivery of sales presentations for community groups and attend community meetings and presentations, as needed.
- Analyze customer’s strategic factors that will improve their business or organization utilizing OpenCape’s network and services.
- Utilize software to assess physical distance OpenCape’s fiber network and customer workplace.
- Utilize social media and company website to reach customers. Great
- Track, analyze and report on sales performance and activities via Salesforce and other reporting tools.
- Keep abreast of the competitive landscape and emerging technologies to best position our company in the marketplace.
- Compensation will be a combination of salary and commission, and negotiated on the candidate's track record and expected performance.
- Medical and dental insurance, 401(k), paid holidays, vacation, and PTO benefits.
Education / Experience
- A combination of education and experience to effectively execute the position's priorities, and successfully win new sales opportunities, is required.
- A solid track record of closing out successful sales opportunities in the telecommunications industry, or related field, is required.
- Possess an understanding of fiber optic broadband network services and general technical language.
- Demonstrated success in achieving sales targets.
- Experience with group presentations.
Skills / Knowledge
- Compelling and effective negotiating skills. Comfort level with initiating new contacts and customers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including preparation of reports and presentations.
- Thorough understanding of account management & the strategic selling process.
- Adept use and understanding of Salesforce, especially when managing and reporting on pipeline of prospects.
- Active problem solving, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter, able to work independently but also be a beneficial member of a team.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and presentation software.
- Firm grasp of value proposition, products, and services such as Ethernet, IP transport, Dark Fiber, and DWDM.
- Resident or knowledge of Cape Cod & Southeastern MA and surrounding communities is preferred.
At OpenCape, we embrace Equal Employment Opportunities by valuing our differences and consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by law.
Send CV with a Cover Letter denoting a particular sales experience you are proud of to: firstname.lastname@example.org